Aug. 29, 2021
As an important main power supply or standby power supply, diesel generator has been more and more widely used in industrial and agricultural production, national defense, science and technology and daily life. The stability of diesel generator speed helps to improve the quality of output power. Next, Dingbo Power will analyze the faults and troubleshooting of the governor of the diesel generator set.
Fault 1: the rated speed cannot be reached
1) Permanent deformation of speed regulating spring. Troubleshooting: adjust or replace a new one.
2) The fuel supply of the fuel injection pump is insufficient. Troubleshooting: follow the troubleshooting method of fuel injection pump described above.
3) The joystick is not fully pulled. Troubleshooting: check and adjust the joystick mechanism.
Fault 2: unstable speed (traveling block)
1) The oil supply of each slave cylinder is uneven. Troubleshooting: readjust the oil supply of each cylinder.
2) Carbon deposition and oil dripping at the nozzle orifice. Troubleshooting: clean, grind or replace.
3) The gear rod connecting pin is loose. Troubleshooting: repair or replace the gear rod connecting pin.
4) Camshaft axial clearance is too large. Troubleshooting: adjust to the specified clearance value.
5) Plunger spring or oil outlet valve spring is broken. Troubleshooting: replace the plunger spring or oil outlet valve spring.
6) The flying iron pin hole is worn and loose. Troubleshooting: replace the bushing and flying iron pin.
7) The fit clearance between the adjusting gear rod and the adjusting gear is too large or there are burrs between them. Troubleshooting: readjust the assembly.
8) The adjustment gear rod or throttle lever does not move flexibly. Troubleshooting: repair or reassemble
9) Method for removing air in fuel system of generator set: remove air by hand.
10) The flying iron opens or the flying iron seat does not open flexibly. Troubleshooting: correct after inspection.
11) Improper adjustment of low speed. Troubleshooting: readjust the low-speed stabilizer or low-speed limit screw.
Fault 3: the minimum idle speed is not reached
1) The joystick is not fully seated. Troubleshooting: check and adjust the joystick mechanism.
2) The adjusting gear rod and the adjusting gear ring are slightly jammed. Troubleshooting: maintain until it is flexible.
3) The low speed stabilizer or low speed limit screw is screwed in too much. Troubleshooting: readjust.
Fault 4: runaway: the regulator surddenly fails, causing the speed to exceed the rated speed by more than 110%. Troubleshooting: stop the diesel engine immediately and stop the diesel engine by disconnecting the fuel or cutting off the air inlet.
1) The speed is too high. Troubleshooting: check each part, disassemble the lead seal of the adjustment limit screw, and readjust the lead seal.
2) The adjusting gear rod or throttle lever is stuck. Troubleshooting: maintenance.
3) The connecting pin of the adjusting gear rod and the pull rod falls off. Troubleshooting: reinstall or replace.
4) Pull rod screw falls off. Troubleshooting: reinstall or replace.
5) The adjusting spring is broken. Troubleshooting: replace.
The above are the common faults and troubleshooting methods of diesel generator governor shared by Guangxi Dingbo Power Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and hope to be helpful to all users. Dingbo Power is a manufacturer of diesel generator set, set up in 2006, who mainly focuses on Cummins, Perkins, Volvo, Yuchai, Shangchai, Weichai, Deutz, Ricardo, MTU etc. Power range is from 25kva to 3125kva, if you are interested, please contact us by email email@example.com, we will work with you.
Get in Touch